This fire in this apartment complex was believed to be started from a TV that was plugged into an extension cord.
Extension cords can be handy when decorating for holidays and when you just need a few extra feet to reach that spot when vacuuming out your vehicle, but extension cords can also be dangerous tools when not properly used.
Do not substitute extension cords for permanent wiring. Do not run through walls, doorways, ceilings or floors. Especially do not use them near flammable objects such as rugs and fabrics such as window draperies.
Luckily no-one was home when this fire started at this apartment complex. SERVPRO of Weakley, Gibson, Carroll Counties quick response time to get this place back in order helped to speed up the waiting process for the apartment complex owner. We are so happy to help with your next fire, but we hope you remember these safety tips to prevent that fire from happening!